Are you looking for engaging way to teach your students sight words instead of just using flashcards? These Pre-Primer Sight Word mats are a great hands-on literacy activity for students to practice independently. Students will use Play Dough to build each high frequency word and practice finding and writing the high frequency word on the bottom of the worksheet. Great fine motor practice! Perfect for Word Work Centers all year long!
- This pack includes all 40 Pre-Primer Sight Words!
- You will receive a color version and a black & white version of each word mat!
- On each mat, students will build the word with Playdough, then find and circle the word. In the next space, students will trace and write the tricky word. Finally they will rainbow write and box the word.
- This is a great activity for sight word practice! Students can work on these independently during centers or word work stations.
- These make a great warm-up for small group reading.
- This could also be used for morning tubs or as early finisher buckets!
- You can also laminate these or put them in dry erase sleeves so students can reuse these again and again!
Looking for more Sight Word resources? Check them out here!